Jollibee, a global restaurant brand, will open its new flagship restaurant in the heart of New York City’s Times Square on Thursday, August 18, 2022. On a mission to become one of the world’s top-five restaurant chains, Jollibee is the next brand taking its place at “the crossroads of the world.” In response to its rapidly growing popularity in both the U.S. and Canada, Jollibee is evolving its North American menu to broaden appeal with new burgers, sides and salads, which will only be available at the new Times Square location ahead of their nationwide rollout later this year.
Best known for its Chickenjoy bone-in fried chicken, Chicken Sandwich and Peach Mango Pie, Jollibee is rounding-out its menu with several new offerings – starting with a brand-new burger line-up. Jollibee is also introducing a host of new salads and sides.
“Opening our Times Square location, an undeniable global destination and retail hot spot, is truly a dream come true for our brand,” said Maribeth Dela Cruz, President, Jollibee Group North America, Philippine Brands in a statement. “It’s not only our newest location, but a powerful symbol of how far we’ve come and the unlimited potential we see for the future. We are committed to becoming one of the top global [quick-service] restaurants and this opening marks a key milestone in that plan. Our fans are the best in the world, and we invite those who haven’t tried Jollibee yet – from around the corner and around the world – to discover our joyful dining experience for themselves.”
Jollibee is located at 1500 Broadway (between 43rd and 44th Street) in the center of New York City’s most famous landmark.
Jollibee’s offering centers on its take on an American –fried chicken, which can be enjoyed through a variety of menu items including:
- Chickenjoy: this is Jollibee’s best-selling bone-in chicken. Each piece is hand-breaded to be crispy on the outside and marinated to the bone.
- Spicy Chickenjoy: This is the fiery version of the classic Chickenjoy, which is spicy inside and out.
- Chicken Sandwich: This sandwich features a crispy, chicken breast fillet, spread with umami mayo, and served on a toasted brioche bun.
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich: A spicy version of the original chicken sandwich features sriracha mayo and fresh jalapeños for added crunch and heat.
Jollibee is introducing a new line-up of all-beef burgers to the table. Making their debut exclusively at the Times Square location. Burgers include:
- Double Deluxe Burger – The headliner of the all-new burgers that are cooked when you order. The Double Deluxe features two 100% beef patties and double the melted sharp American cheese. It is topped with sliced tomato, premium lettuce and Jollibee’s signature burger sauce on a butter toasted bun.
- Aloha Burger – Like the Double Deluxe version, it’s always cooked when you order. The Aloha Cheeseburger starts with two 100% beef patties and double the melted sharp American cheese, crispy bacon, a grilled pineapple ring and a signature aloha-style dressing on a butter toasted bun.
In celebration of its Times Square arrival, Jollibee is also offering a new line-up of salads and sides, including Baked Cheddar Mac ‘n Cheese – a blend of macaroni and cheese that is topped with shredded cheddar cheese and baked in-house; a Mandarin Orange Crispy Chicken Salad – featuring Jollibee’s signature sliced crispy chicken tenders and premium fresh produce; and freshly baked warm and flakey Biscuits.
Jollibee also offers Peach Mango Pie. Made with peaches and real Philippine mangoes enveloped in a light and crispy crust.
Jollibee Times Square will be open seven days a week, from 9AM – 12AM. Customers can dine at the restaurant beginning on opening day and also enjoy their favorite menu items to-go; the store will begin offering online ordering channels in the coming weeks. The new Times Square flagship joins Jollibee’s existing Manhattan location (609 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10018), which opened back in 2018.
For its Times Square opening Jollibee is thrilled to be partnering with the All Stars Project, a national nonprofit organization that uses a performance-based approach to help tens of thousands of inner-city youth and their families create success in their lives. Founded in New York City in 1981, the All Stars Project is aptly located in the heart of Times Square’s theatre district, where its 31,000 square-foot performing arts and development center features theatres, rehearsal rooms, set and costume shops, and offices of its national staff.