SPIN, the original ping pong social club, celebrates the opening of – SPIN Midtown – its new flagship location, in the heart of Times Square. Located at 1626 Broadway between West 49th-50th St. as the brand’s newest Manhattan location and the ninth venue nationwide.
“We are thrilled to introduce SPIN 2.0, a cutting-edge digital evolution of the SPIN brand,” said Pieter Vanermen, CEO of SPIN in a statement. “From neon integration to immersive social installations and unveiling of Spinny, the US’s first ping pong robot, SPIN is poised to be the ultimate Times Square destination.”
SPIN Midtown offers a unique escape away from the hustle of the city to celebrate the simplicity of play and enjoy an immersive social experience. The underground venue follows a trail of neon lights to a wall of art, and ten Olympic-sized ping pong tables surrounded by lounge seating and a wrap-around bar featuring a customizable Time Square ticker screen.
Setting the location apart from its predecessors, SPIN Midtown features interactive installations and special events. At SPIN Midtown New York City, the following is offered:
- Brings Spinny, the M-ONE Pong Bot to the U.S. for the first time. Providing guests with the opportunity to interact with a robotic ping pong arm with AI capabilities that optimize play for novices and pros alike.
- Unveils an elevated immersive 20 camera ping pong bathtub installation, inviting guests to jump in a tub full of the brands’ signature orange balls.
- Offers a social bar serving classic cocktails by in-house mixologists, including new spirit-free cocktails featuring MONDAY Zero Alcohol spirits and one-of-a-kind cocktails, including a set of signature sips mixed with supersonic sound in partnership with Metallica’s BLACKENED American Whiskey.
- Reintroduces SPIN’s signature design features, including a feature bar, reception and DJ booth, inviting guests to relax and enjoy food, drinks, and music. The custom millwork and commercial space built out was completed by NY-based contractor, Atlas Builders, and designed by NY-based architecture and interiors firm, New York Design Architects.
- Showcases custom work by local street artist, DAIN, blending the visual language of graffiti collaged with old portraits of Hollywood glamor featuring his unmistakable trademark circle red drip which is lit in neon for the first time.
- Debuts a newly designed Center Court presented in partnership with STIGA US. With track lighting above, the court features automatic scoring and a SPIN-ified Jumbo-Tron that highlights the player profiles of SPIN Pros and engaging statistics.
SPIN guests can order tableside food and beverage from SPIN Midtown’s tailored menu options. They offer shareable and snackable menu items that guests can enjoy while playing and eating. While SPIN’s farm to table approach uses locally-sourced and sustainable ingredients wherever possible, including a new signature blend of spices created in partnership with La Boite and edible mushrooms from Afterlife, a sustainable local mushroom farm, that are grown with compost generated from the food waste of SPIN Midtown and Flatiron locations.
SPIN Midtown specials include weekday communal ping pong lunch hours, all day beer and burger specials, ‘$9 after 9’ Tuesday night unlimited ping pong and late-night happy hour deals, weekly Friday Nights at SPIN, interactive ping pong shows, seasonal, local and holiday themed special events, group party-packages and fully customizable private event offerings .
SPIN Midtown grand opening will be on Thursday, October 5th at 9 pm ET.
Beginning Monday, October 9th, SPIN Midtown is open to the public Monday through Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m., Thursday from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m, Friday and Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.